Trouble between Berlin and Paris. Where does the disagreement between Macron and Scholz come from and where could it lead? Annette and Mathieu discuss it with Derk Marseille, correspondent in Berlin for BNR and Café Europa, among others.
Tips from this episode:
- Register now for free for our End of Year show at poppodium PAARD on 19 December;
- Mathieu tips ‘Lack of light’ the new book by Nino Haratischwili;
- Derk recommends ‘Die Akte Scholz: Der Kanzler, das Geld und die Macht’ by Oliver Schröm;
- Annette van Soest tips ‘Gokkers & Graaiers’ by Roel Janssen;
- The reviewed article from The Economist on Groningen’ gas.
— disclaimer — the podcast Café Europa is only available in Dutch
Collaboration with Haagsch College
We make the podcast Café Europa together with our partner Haagsch College. Haagsch College is an initiative of Freek Ewals (former BNR Nieuwsradio) and Vincent Rietbergen (former NOS). They produce substantive productions such as theater tours with Rutger Bregman, Joris Luyendijk and Thomas Erdbrink. And in-depth live streams and podcasts about current events.