A year before the elections, things are crackling in the European Parliament. Timmermans’s Nature Restoration Act puts relations on edge. Has the election campaign already begun? And what can we expect from it? Annette and Mathieu talk about it with regular guest Han Dirk Hekking, the FD’s Europe reporter.
Recommendations from this episode:
- Join us at Café Europa Live in The Hague at Nieuwspoort on 5 July;
- Han Dirk recommends the book ‘The World of Sugar’ by Ulbe Bosma;
- Mathieu recommends Dr. Hans Max Hirschfeld – Man van het Grote Geld by Meindert Fennema;
- Mathieu also tips the AIV rapport De Euro op het wereldtoneel: de internationale rol van de munt van de EU in geostrategisch perspectief;
- Editor Pieter tips Bauern, Bonzen und Bomben by Hans Fallada. Also translated into English several years ago as A Small Circus.
— disclaimer — the podcast Café Europa is only available in Dutch
Collaboration with Haagsch College
We make the podcast Café Europa together with our partner Haagsch College. Haagsch College is an initiative of Freek Ewals (former BNR Nieuwsradio) and Vincent Rietbergen (former NOS). They produce substantive productions such as theater tours with Rutger Bregman, Joris Luyendijk and Thomas Erdbrink. And in-depth live streams and podcasts about current events.