- This event has passed.
Academic conference on 30 years Maastricht Treaty: the past, present, and future of European Integration
28 September @ 09:00–29 September @ 18:00
Maastricht University and Studio Europa Maastricht are organising a free interdisciplinary academic conference to discuss the Maastricht Treaty through a European socioeconomic perspective. The conference will be held on 28 and 29 September, directly following the EMU public conference Euro at 20: shifting paradigms?, also being held in Maastricht on 27 September.
The conference will facilitate critical, but constructive, academic dialogue on the Maastricht Treaty’s legacy through sessions in the following areas:
- – Decision-making and legal considerations
- – Re-examining convergence and homogeneity
- – Solidarity and identity
- – Peace, security and criminology
- – Social and trade affairs
- – Democracy, populism and authoritarianism
- – Democratisation, politicisation and citizenship
- – Union of digital innovation and the digital euro
- – Wages, prices and European enterprises
- – Fiscal sovereignty challenges and recent developments