- This event has passed.
May 15, 2019 @ 20:00 - 22:00
‘LET’S TALK’ is a new programme in which we not only give the floor to experts, but also challenge the audience to speak up and interact. In a lively and relaxed setting, we’ll discuss the urgent issues of our time. Have a drink, listen, talk and sharpen your thoughts and opinions.
With the European elections coming up, it’s time to reflect on the future of young people in Europe. The older UK population voted for Brexit and set the course for the future of its younger generations who were actually in favour of remaining in the EU. If young Europeans are pro-Europe, why did only 18% vote in the previous EU-elections in 2015? Don’t they care? Is it a lack of information? Or is it the way the EU is organised and addresses issues? Time to step forward and talk about this. It’s your future!
- 20:00-20:10 Opening and welcome by moderator Rogier van Elshout
- 20:10-20:30 Keynote by Sigrid Kaag, Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation
- 20:30-20:40 Questions from the audience
- 20:40-21:00 Break – Make your own Brexit propaganda by Propaganda by the People
- 21:00-21:45 Pitch & Discuss: Jimmy Bastings (Cadidate MEP CDA), Sarah Thin (Fossil Free University), Patrick Bijsmans (Maastricht University) will give a short pitch on respectively migration, climate change, and the democratic deficit of the EU. After each pitch, the subjects will be discussed by the audience in smaller groups and presented to all.
- 21:45-22:00 End
This event is organised in cooperation with Studium Generale.