The Strategic Reseach Agenda actively expands Maastricht University’s research agenda on European integration, the EU and Europe more generally by opening six research calls.
With these calls we aim to promote innovative and high academic quality research, interdisciplinary in nature with societal relevance and a citizen science and/or outreach component, by offering teams of UM-researchers ‘seed funding’ opportunities. Moreover, the research agenda offers post-doctoral fellow positions for a period of two years open to talented internal and external early-career researchers. All researchers awarded will contribute positively to the promotion of the overall initiative and its research agenda.
Research eligible for funding must meet the following general conditions:
• Innovative and of high academic quality
• Interdisciplinary and preferably interfaculty in nature
• Linked to at least one of the four main research themes defined
• Include acquisition of external funding (i.e., “a fly-wheel effect”)
• Societal relevance and/or impact, and preferably a citizen science component
• UM-researchers from the five participating faculties can apply: FL, FASoS, FSE, SBE and FHML
We offer six funding opportunities:
Call 1: Post-doctoral researchers (Closed)
Call 2: Large grant applications and strategic consortia (Open)
Call 3: Fundamental research – Early-career scholars (Open)
Call 4: Policy briefs (Open)
Call 5: Workshops and conferences (Open)
Call 6: MWoE Young Researchers Network (Closed)
Who can apply?
UM-researchers from the five participating faculties – FL, FASoS, FSE, SBE and FHML – can apply to call 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Click on the calls for full details and application procedures.