Research call 1 – Interdisciplinary research projects
This call aims to support and stimulate the academic career of early career scholars by providing them with dedicated research time focused on high quality, interdisciplinary research. The expected outcome is a joint peer-reviewed publication. The team of (a minimum of) two researchers has a notable interdisciplinary basis. At least one researcher is early career (postdoc or assistant professor). Research projects should fit to one or more of the four themes of the SEM research agenda and should thereby actively support Maastricht University’s research on Europe and European integration.
- A team of (at least) two researchers from (at least) two UM faculties
- The team includes at least one early career researcher, who is welcome to collaborate with both junior and senior academics
- To submit your application, please use the dedicated application form below
- The application should include a summary of the research proposal, a timetable, a compact budget plan (division of months per researcher) and a motivation
- The Academic Board will assess new applications within one month after submission
- Applications are welcome on a rolling basis
- The seed funding aims to relieve the research team of teaching and/or administrative duties for a maximum of four months per team
- The seed funding is an equivalent of the salary cost of the involved researchers and will be transferred to the relevant departments as buy-out time
- Prior to submission, applicants should guarantee adequate coordination with their head of departments, in view of the departments educational planning
- A peer-reviewed publication
- As publishing a paper is a lengthy and complex process, the publication of a working paper will be accepted as interim outcome. Working papers will be peer reviewed and published in the SEM’s Working on Europe Paper Series (WEPS).