Research call 1 – Post-doctoral researchers (closed)
This call applies to talented early-career researchers who recently obtained a PhD degree or are close to acquiring one and who fit well within the interdisciplinary model of the research agenda. You have a proven speciality and/or interest in one or more of the four defined research themes, a record of accomplishment of existing scholarly research in the field of European affairs and a passionate view on outreach and promotion of your research. Candidates with a background in the field of Humanities, Life Sciences, Social Sciences, International and European Law, and Sciences or another relevant field can apply. We welcome applications from internal and external candidates.
Ambition: With the seed funding, Studio Europa aims to appoint five post-doc fellows for a period of two years. One post-doc for research theme 1, 2 and 4 and two post-docs for theme 3. Each post-doc will spend approximately sixty percent of their time on academic research and forty percent on outreach activities along the following lines:
- Formulate a two-year research plan in close consultation with your supervisors;
- Carry out and publish high-quality, original research according to the research plan;
- Write a relevant individual grant proposal (e.g., NWO, ERC, etc);
- Intensively engage in outreach activities and broad dissemination of your own research (e.g., through open access source collections or databases, broad target publication, policy briefs, citizen science, presentations at workshops and public events, or a service/product developed in collaboration with external partners);
- Be an ambassador of the SEM research agenda within the UM community and beyond;
- Contribute to the promotion of activities, led by Studio Europa
Team: The post-doc team forms the core research team of the Maastricht, Working on Europe programme and will hold office at Studio Europa. You are embedded in a larger team of research and support staff promoting the research agenda and activities. Moreover, senior colleagues of at least two faculties of Maastricht University will mentor each post-doc to ensure the interfaculty and interdisciplinary element of their work, as well as the embedding of the post-docs within the academic communities of Maastricht University.
Funding: Post-doc positions are two-year positions (0.8-1.0 fte) with an intended starting date of 1 February 2021. This date is negotiable in consultation with the management of Studio Europa. Post-doc positions are open to internal and external candidates.
Research Theme 1:
Democracy, Politics, Security and Rule of Law
Research Theme 2:
Identity, Heritage and the Citizens’ Perspective
Research Theme 3:
Prosperity, Welfare and Inequality
Research Theme 4:
Knowledge, Technology and Digitalisation
This call is open from 18 December 2020 to 31 January 2021.