Research call 5 – Workshops and symposia
This call invites applications from UM researchers from (at least) two faculties, who wish to organise an interdisciplinary academic event such as a workshop, symposium or conference in line with one or more of the four research themes of the SEM research agenda. Collaboration between academics and societal stakeholders is encouraged. Proposals for both small-scale and large-scale events for a varied audience are welcome.
The relevance of organising these events is multiple. Firstly, communicating scientific findings among academics and/or towards a wider audience of stakeholders such as policy makers, societal partners, journalists or citizens. Secondly, these events stimulate discussion to form new research questions or society related discussions. Thirdly, there is a networking purpose to link researchers and/or societal stakeholders for future projects. Finally, these events actively support Maastricht University’s societal impact in research domains focused on Europe and European integration.
- A team of (at least) two researchers from (at least) two UM faculties
- To submit your application, please use the dedicated application form below
- Applications should include a summary of the aim and key objectives of the event, draft programme, expected deliverables following the event, timetable, compact budget plan and description of the target audience
- The Academic Board will assess new applications within one month after submission
- Applications are welcome on a rolling basis
- The amount of funding ranges between € 1500,- and 5000,- depending on the nature and size of the event and the anticipated budget plan
- Co-funding is required for (at least) 15% of the overall budget of the event
- Time invested by the organizing team of researchers will not be compensated. The funding serves to compensate concrete costs in the organisation of the event
- After approval by the Academic Board, 70% of the seed funding will be advanced and transferred to a dedicated departmental budget number provided by the lead applicant
- After the event and upon submission of the final financial realisation to SEM, the remaining funds (30%) are transferred