Research call 6 – Young Researchers Network
The best way to build a community is from the inside out!
The UM-wide SEM research agenda on Europe, European integration and the EU encourages innovative and multi-disciplinary research collaborations. Facilitating early career researchers as well as building a SEM research community within the UM is one of our goals. We aim to strengthen this community, across disciplines and throughout UM, with help of the Young Researchers Network (YRN).
Per faculty, two researchers (assistant professor level) are included in the YRN. Their expertise and interest is in one of the four SEM research themes, in interdisciplinary research collaborations and in societal impact. As a network, YRN explores new and out-of-the-box concepts in an interfaculty team. Furthermore, they believe that good communication and outreach within academia and beyond are an inherent part of being a successful researcher. Through networking events, YRN can motivate and connect their colleagues within the UM in a rather informal and bottom-up way.
The YRN has several missions:
- To be an ambassador of the SEM research agenda within each faculty
- To organise networking activities to bring together UM researchers from various faculties
- To engage an active research community aiming to build innovative, multi- and interdisciplinary research collaborations
- To propose topics and ideas for the SEM research agenda to the SEM Academic Board
- To explore innovative approaches for effective communication on the work done in SEM’s research community
- To think of efficient and creative ways to bring science on Europe closer to society
This call is currently closed.