Research call 6 – Postdoctoral researchers
Every two year, SEM recruits four talented postdoctoral researchers with a proven interdisciplinary basis. These positions are open to internal and external early-career researchers, who recently obtained a PhD degree or close to acquiring one and who are linked to each of the four themes of the SEM research agenda. With this call, SEM creates an interdisciplinary team of researchers who actively support Maastricht University’s research on Europe and European integration.
Candidates have a proven speciality and/or interest in one or more of the four defined research themes, a record of accomplishment of existing scholarly research in the field of European affairs and a passionate view on outreach and promotion of your research. Each post-doc will spend approximately sixty percent of the time on academic research and forty percent on outreach activities along the following lines:
- Formulate a two-year research plan in close consultation with your supervisors
- Carry out and publish high-quality, original research according to the research plan
- Write a relevant individual grant proposal (e.g., NWO, ERC, etc)
- Intensively engage in outreach activities and broad dissemination of your own research (e.g., through open access source collections or databases, broad target publication, policy briefs, citizen science, presentations at workshops and public events, or a service/product developed in collaboration with external partners)
- Be an ambassador of the SEM research agenda within the UM community and beyond
- Contribute to the promotion of activities, led by Studio Europa Maastricht
This call is currently closed.