The present research agenda actively supports Maastricht University’s research on Europe and European integration. To this aim, six research calls are available to teams of UM researchers with the goal to encourage innovative and high quality, interdisciplinary research. This includes support for larger grant applications, publication of scholarly papers and policy briefs, the establishment of strategic research consortia and a Studio Europa Young Researchers Network – all linked to at least one of the four themes of this agenda. Moreover, the research agenda offers post-doctoral fellow positions for a period of two years, open to talented internal and external early-career researchers.
Research eligible for funding must meet the following general conditions:
• Innovative and of high academic quality
• Interdisciplinary and preferably interfaculty in nature
• Linked to at least one of the four main research themes defined
• Include acquisition of external funding (i.e., “a fly-wheel effect”)
• Societal relevance and/or impact, and preferably a citizen science component
• UM-researchers from the five participating faculties can apply: FL, FASoS, FSE, SBE and FHML
We offer six funding opportunities:
Call 1: Post-doctoral researchers (Closed)
Call 2: Large grant applications and strategic consortia (Open)
Call 3: Fundamental research – Early-career scholars (Open)
Call 4: Policy briefs (Open)
Call 5: Workshops and conferences (Open)
Call 6: MWoE Young Researchers Network (Closed)
Who can apply?
UM-researchers from the five participating faculties – FL, FASoS, FSE, SBE and FHML – can apply to call 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Click on the calls for full details and application procedures.